So I said goodbye to family and friends, breezed through security and customs, and started my adventure to the Netherlands. After an uneventful flight to Zurich (during which I fell asleep halfway during my first in-flight movie), I had another short flight to Amsterdam.
After collecting my baggage I realised that they must have opened my suitcase (both locks were gone) - luckily I don't think anything was removed, and I they probably opened the suitcase due to the portable hard drive (and Arduino :P ) inside possibly looking quite peculiar on an x-ray machine.
I met with my aunt and grandma and we had a short drive to Rotterdam, after stopping to buy mocha "vlaai" (a super-delicious mocha cake thingy) at one of the Schiphol airport shops.
This afternoon I managed to get Internet on my cell phone (10 euros buys you a prepaid SIM card and a month's Internet) and a metro card (7.50 euros for the card and another 10 euros credit, of which 1.15 euros got deducted after I travelled through about 4 stations).
Check out the Flickr set for more photos!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Saying goodbye and my first few hours in the Netherlands
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Dis goed om te hoor alles loop totdusver lekker daarso...
ReplyDeleteOns mis jou alklaar, wonder hoe om die tyd verby te kry :P
Goedgaan