Monday, June 29, 2009

Blue Monday


Windows error, originally uploaded by gniezen.

I left Rotterdam at 07h00 this morning to be in time for a meeting at 09h30 in Eindhoven. When I arrived in Utrecht to get on another train, I suddenly realised that there are no trains running from Utrecht to Eindhoven today (apparently due to maintenance/construction work). I had to travel all the way back to Rotterdam to catch a train via Tilburg to Eindhoven, so I only arrived there at 10h30. Lucky for me the presenter for the 09h30 meeting also had to travel through Utrecht and experienced the same problem, so the meeting was cancelled.

To add to my blue Monday, the lady that organises housing matters at the university wasn't in today, so I will only be able to finalise my housing matters on Wednesday.

Before lunch I had a look at a flat similar to the one I'll be staying in from Wednesday - there is a nice big bathroom with a shower (I'm happy, I don't like bathing :), a tiny room for cleaning equipment with a fridge (so that you don't have to share a fridge in the communal kitchen, yay :) and a rather spacious bedroom that includes two chairs, a bed, two tables and a bookcase. The communal kitchen was quite clean, with a dining table, couch and a TV.

This afternoon I walked down to Stratumseind, the street with the most bars and pubs in the whole of Netherlands (more than 40). On a Monday afternoon in Stratumseind the smell of fermented beer is worse than Hatfield Square on a Saturday morning, so I'll have to come back one evening to see how it compares.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment