Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My first day at work & moving into my new flat


Study & eating area, originally uploaded by gniezen.

I arrived in Eindhoven at 09h00 with a 23kg suitcase and a ruck-sack. After signing the rental contract, paying the deposit and first month's rent and collecting the keys (magnetic strip cards) I move into my new flat. The photo above is my new study & eating area, and you can see two more photo's in the Flickr set (links are on the right-hand side of the page).

I only arrived at the university at 11h00, and met the other PhD students that I'm sharing an office with for the first time - Sibrecht (Netherlands), Omar (Pakistan), Alex (El Salvador) and Bram (Netherlands). I think there might be one or two more, but they are on holiday. Unfortunately the person who organises access passes for new employees wasn't in today, so I had to get a visitor's pass. Hopefully I will be able to sort this out tomorrow, as I require an access pass (with employee number) for quite a number of things. They have however been able to provide me with a network account and university e-mail address, so I have access to the necessary systems to do my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment