Saturday, July 18, 2009

Getting close to nature


Karpendonksche plas, originally uploaded by gniezen.

This morning it was raining, so I went to see the new Harry Potter movie at the cinema, as the movie prices are a bit more respectable during the morning (€5) as during the rest of the day (€9+). I booked the ticket online, and realised the Netherlands have a very cool paying system called iDEAL, where when you want to buy something online, you can click on the iDEAL logo and it will take you to the bank's website, where you can authorize the transaction using your bank's internet banking system. No credit card required, but it obviously only works with Dutch e-commerce websites.

When the rain finally cleared, I got on my bicycle and explored the area a bit more. There is a lake close to the university and my flat, with jogging routes, lots of trees and wide open grass fields (as you can see in the photo above).

Further to the south of Eindhoven is the city park, called Stadswandelpark Looiakkers, with about 30 statues and small ponds between the trees. Check out my Flickr set for more photos. I also tested out the GPS tracking facility on my phone, so you can view the route I've taken from the university to the city park on Nokia Sportstracker website.

No comments:

Post a Comment