This afternoon I took a walk to the "plas" (dam) close to my grandparents' home where I'm staying for the next few days. I realised that I've been to the plas quite a few times during the past few years - the first time was in 2003 while on holiday with my parents, then in 2006 before going to Switzerland for a conference, and then again in 2008 before going to England for another conference.
The Zevenhuizerplas is located on the river Rotte (where Rotterdam gets her name from) and is only about 1.5km wide. There was quite a lot to see: People walking their dogs (this afternoon I saw a lady with at least 10 dogs!), people on horses, people jogging, lots of swans and ducks, and one guy was even flying a kite.
Tomorrow I'm going to TU Eindhoven for an introduction programme that starts at 08h00, so I'll have to get on the metro at 06h00 here in Rotterdam as the total trip takes about 2 hours (and a return train ticket is about 30 euros).
Thursday, June 18, 2009
De Zevenhuizerplas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment