Friday, June 26, 2009

What is behind door number one?


What is behind door number one?, originally uploaded by gniezen.

This morning I met my new supervisor, Dr Hu, and promoter, Dr Feijs, for the first time. Dr Hu is Chinese with a background in computational mathematics, while Dr Feijs's background is in electrical engineering and computer science. I attended my first colloquium at the Industrial Design department this afternoon, and I must say, after the three presentations (and the morning's discussions) I am pretty excited about my PhD!

I have decided to move into the apartment that was arranged by the university, even if I have to share the kitchen with 4 other people. I managed to slip into the building today (as they were busy repairing one of the security doors) and realised that the kitchen is a totally separate room down the hall, with the 4 rooms all next to each other in the hall. So at least the set up isn't the same as in a commune, and I'll still have my own privacy.

I'm still looking at other possibilities with a real estate agent. The one place we viewed today had a big lounge area, a nice bedroom (with double bed) and a kitchen. But the three areas are all in different rooms that need to be locked, as the hall that connects them is shared with the neighbour living upstairs?! And the shower is in the kitchen, how weird.. it may help with multi-tasking though - I would be able to make toast and scrambled eggs while still in the shower. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment