
I had ambitious plans for this weekend - I was going to travel to the largest national park in the Netherlands, Hoge Veluwe, bike around all day and visit the art museum there. Unfortunately my plans got a bit sidetracked as it was one of my fellow PhD student's birthday party on Friday night - we went for dinner at the Trafalgar Pub and for drinks at the Bier Professor afterwards. The Bier Professor is a small little bar, but with a large selection of more than 130 (mostly Belgian) beers. I ended up enjoying the conversation so much that I went home a little bit late and decided to sleep in on Saturday morning.
It ended up not being such a bad decision, as I was able to get some washing done and make a delicious brunch. I figured out how my new convection oven works (it's a combo-microwave, but up to now I have only used the microwave function). Why doesn't all ovens switch off automatically when you set the timer? ;)
Last night I went to the Park Hilaria, a "kermis" (carnival/festival) in Eindhoven. I wasn't expecting it to be quite so huge (it stretches out for more than a kilometre in one of the main streets that was closed up) or so busy (thousands of people). There were hundreds of stalls and amusement rides - I will probably go there again on Thursday with some of the other international students when it's not so busy and crowded.

:)
ReplyDelete