A group of South Africans in the Netherlands that I met through Facebook had a canoe trip close to Eindhoven today. I wanted to join them and left my flat at early this morning to take a very relaxed 13km bike ride to the starting point for the canoe trip in Valkenswaard.
From there they took us by bus 14km south to a drop-off point in Belgium, We got in our canoes (I shared a three-seater with two nice girls from Amsterdam) and paddled back lazily to Valkenswaard. We stopped halfway for lunch in Borkel, a very small town barely on the Dutch side of the Netherlands-Belgium border.
Unfortunately I left my camera/phone at the starting point (as there was the possibility of our canoe tipping over) so I wasn't able to take any photos of the canoe trip itself. It was great to just unwind a bit in nature, and to see & hear people speak in Afrikaans for the first time in two months! ;)
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Canoe trip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment